Sunday, January 15, 2012

January 10, 2011--out...ish...

oops.

(Note from the future: Double oops actually. I just found this post published in some weird place where probably nobody saw it. But I like this one, so I'm giving it a bump out of weird-timestamp-obscurity. I also wrote this back when I thought refusing to use capitalization made me seem more tortured and interesting. Oy.)

i kind of came out as gay, or at least queer, on facebook today.

i've started reading yet another book on lesbianism, Women Loving Women: Appreciating and Exploring the Beauty of Erotic Female Encounters by jamye waxman, and there was a great quote from janis joplin: "“Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.”

it really spoke to me, so i wanted to share it using kindle's "share" feature. so i shared it.

what i had forgotten was that when it posts to fb, it first shows in nice bold lettering the book that the quote is from, as well as the cover. so, there it was, for all my fb world to see--i am reading a book about erotic lesbian love.

huh.

i immediately felt really flushed and hot and kind of mortified when i realized this. but then...

i left it up.

who the fuck cares if everyone knows what i'm reading?? i'm exploring, i'm currently in love with a woman i can't have, and i don't care who knows it!! (well, that's not entirely accurate, but that's my goal, anyway...)

no one has said a word about the post, by the way. interesting, no??

1 comment: