Friday, December 30, 2011

February 14, 2011--V-day

On my way home to couples therapy. The irony is not lost on me that on valentine's day I will tell my husband that I plan to rent a room 45 minutes away from him. I know. My timing has always been impeccable.

So I'm hoping to say something that explains that I need to have my own space, separate from him, that I don't necessarily think I would need to be in all the time, where I can breathe and figure out what I need to do. I want him to know that a big part of this is about having more freedom as far as my commute, which is restricting and awful and makes it hard for me to be able to feel free to do what I need to do, whatever that is, especially because if I have a late night now, he also has a late nite, and then feels that I owe him penance. No. not gonna work, nor is that fair to either of us. Nothing about our current situation is fair. I'm miserable, he's miserable, and continuing on the way we are is not making anyone less miserable. So let's try this.

In other news, she invited me to BOTH of her birthday parties this weekend. I am more excited and terrified about this than I can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment