Tuesday, January 24, 2012

October 30, 2011--In which I am brutally rebuffed...

That’s a Clueless reference guys, get it??????

:o)

So, I’m being slightly hyperbolic, as is my tendency…I wasn’t necessarily BRUTALLY rebuffed, that remains to be seen, but rebuffed I was.

Went to a brunch today at the home of the cutie I’ve been crushing on. I went on my 3rd date with her this week, and it was good, though it took a lot of work on my part (and a few days of moping and horrible waiting) for it to happen. But, it was a good date, and then today before brunch I learned that we share a love of yet another fairly random pop culture thingy. Cute. Yay.

But then….brunch was…fucking weird.

There’s no other way to say it! We shared some looks, but for the most part I felt like she was trying to keep her distance from me. Maybe it’s because lots of people were around. Maybe it was because she wasn’t really drinking and the rest of us were. Maybe it was because she’s just not that into me.  I’m thinking it’s that last one, especially after she said some version of the following to both me and a friend of hers, later in the day:
Literally everyone who’s ever slept in my bed is a cuddler, and I really don’t like anyone else in my bed! Blegh, gross!
She didn’t actually say that last part, but might as well have. Please let the record show that I’m pretty sure that I was the last person who slept in her bed, and I did indeed cuddle with her, but she also invited me into her bed.  She also said this WHILE I WAS SITTING RIGHT THERE. So at this point, I was like, “Wow, really? Okay then.” and spent the rest of the time there closing down my hope of something with her and becoming more and more upset and depressed and feeling-bad-about-myself-y.

Good times.

K, that’s all. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment