Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine

SM asked me out both for the night before Valentine's Day and for Valentine's Day proper.  Monday night we went and saw Melissa Ferrick at City Winery with two of her besties who also happen to be one of the most adorable lesbian couples I've ever had the pleasure of knowing who I also really enjoy hanging out with because they are hilarious and nice and funny. We all got too drunk and stayed out too late and then SM and I came back to my place and had a little sex and it was an incredibly fun night. So much fun. (Even though I didn't so much love the concert proper.  Melissa Ferrick's banter leaves much to be desired. City Winery's a great venue though. Lots of candlelight and sexy ambiance.)

Anyway...so I miraculously get up and get to work on time the next day, and get a text from SM in the afternoon naming the place she'd like to take me to for dinner.  We meet there, and it's GREAT. The food was incredible, and we had great conversation and a really nice time.  And then we went back to her place and fell asleep by 10 pm.

No seriously, that's what happened. It was pretty cute, actually.

We talked about a lot of stuff during those two days, some of which is pretty enlightening in terms of where her head's at/has been at in the past in terms of us dating and what that means and how she feels about it, but I'll write about that later.  It's late, and I'm tired, but I wanted to give an update--I can't believe it's been over a week!

I guess that's what happens when you get a job. And still go out too much.

Ugh, reality, you cruel, cruel vixen.

(Wow, I almost forgot. SC and friends were at City Winery too.  I know, right? Of course they were. And SC was in my line of sight pretty much the entire night. Could've done without that.  It was weird though. I didn't want to be with her, and it didn't change how I was with SM, but I was aware of her.  And...annoyed, perhaps, that she was there? I think that's it.  I'm not quite sure, but I know that it was a nice surprise to not care that much that she was there while I was there, having a great time with SM, who seems, at least, to pretty much adore me. I think it was a nice reminder that I deserve so much better than the bizarre, fickle, will-she-won't-she treatment that SC doles out to me.  And I can always use a little reminder of that.)

1 comment:

  1. Still a little heartbroken that you don't feel the MF vibe. I guess I'm a sucker for non-so-put-together female folk singer with no stage presence - funny thing is if they even develop stage presence and their banter gets less awkward I cease to love them so much. Guess it's something about them getting up there and being so vulnerable and just being who they are - so much better to me than a really clean, neat performance. OMG, and if they're really bad at tuning their guitar and can't really it, and try to banter in between and are all distracted - love that most!!

    ReplyDelete