Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Divorce

Yesterday I signed the papers that dramatically move forward the process of divorcing my husband.

I cried.

...

Believe me, this was surprising to me, too.  And yet, there I was, handing the papers to my soon-to-be ex-husband, and getting teary.  We looked at each other, and were sad, and shared a hug.

Even though it's the absolute right thing, and I made the absolute right decision to leave that marriage, it's still so sad, really.  I've known him for a third of my life. We grew up, in many ways, together. And we'll still interact often (we share custody of our dog), and we say we'll try to be friends in the future but...by this time next year, we will both officially be single, divorced (young) people.  It feels....heavy.  Major.

Sad.

Weighty.

<insert other appropriate adjective here>

I really do feel both relieved that this is almost, officially, done, and also heartbroken that it's really almost, officially, done.


1 comment:

  1. I am feeling the mixed feelings with you is all I can say. All understandable things to feel.

    ReplyDelete