Friday, September 13, 2013

worth

It's been almost 3 years now since I took the first drastic steps out of my life as a married, straight woman.

Still, nearly every day, I feel, very strongly, the deep impact of that decision. Those of you who've followed this blog for a little while know that I have some pretty significant financial stress. I still do.  Those of you who have followed from the beginning know that I've been extremely anxious and confused and at times felt very alone and scared.  Sometimes I still feel all of those things, even now, though about different things than at the start. 

Sometimes I wonder if I was a fool for walking away from a life of (material) comfort and (seeming) "perfection." Some days I still cry at how heavy the weight of my reality is.  But here's the thing...

It is all worth it.


Because as heavy as things feel sometimes, I am living MY LIFE now. Living my truth--my honest, real life. And doing that is really fucking hard. 


And it's also the best thing in the world.



2 comments:

  1. Once Upon A Les GirlOctober 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM

    I am loving your blog so far!!! It's nice to see things from a late bloomer's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :) I'm heading back over to yours right now, didn't get very far yesterday, but I'm signed in to the right account so I can comment like crazy <3

    ReplyDelete