It's been awhile, I know. Sorry to be AWOL-ish. A lot's been going on in the past month or so, some of which I want to write about here, and some of which I'm not ready to write about yet. Things I'm ready to write about, and am working on posts for, include:
- Elle and my trip down south, during which we stayed at my parents' house (in the same room! très scandaleux), and met an extremely large swath of my family, many of whom DID NOT EVEN KNOW I WAS DIVORCED, as it turns out. I'm trying to figure out the words to write about the experience. But I will. So stay tuned.
- The fact that Elle and I will be moving in together in about two months! This is a big announcement that probably shouldn't be reduced to a bullet point, but there will also be a nice long post about this MAJOR development. So much to say about that one.
Some things I'm not quite ready to write about/am not sure I SHOULD even write about in this space include:
- some health stuff I've got going on
- my disillusionment with New York
- my endless money woes
- how I've realized that my trust issues weave in and out of every aspect of my life more than I'd like to admit.
I mean, does one write about such things on a blog called New Lesbian? Shouldn't I be able to just decide that myself since it's my blog? One would think. But I find myself feeling...stuck and a bit confused and like this blog has gotten away from being what it used to be for me, and what it used to do, emotionally, for me. That's no one's fault but my own, of course.
I think maybe I started to limit the scope of what I wrote about here as a defense against all the stuff that I really SHOULD be writing about. And at this point in my life, a lot of that stuff doesn't have much to do with my gayness. I'm here, I'm queer, I'm used to it, and now I need to write about ALL THE OTHER SHIT.
Can I do that here? I think I feel like maybe that's not okay, or won't be okay, with you, the nameless, faceless, lovely person reading this.
Maybe I need to get over it. Maybe I'm underestimating all of you.
I'm gonna work on that. It's time to really open up again.
My soul needs it.