Monday, July 2, 2012

So much to say

Hi folks.

I know it's been awhile.  There's just....been...so...much.  A lot of it really good. Elle and I are going strong.  But she started a new job, and I started trying to actually finish my dissertation,and there's been drama and stress and heartache in both of lives and we are both, to put it simply...

SO FUCKING TIRED.

But there's a lot I want to write about, like the shock and pain and sadness of realizing what it's really like to be both out of and in the closet, how interesting it is for me to notice how very different (hopefully in a good way) I am in a relationship now, at 30, then I was in my twenties, and what it's like, and how hard it is-- for me at least-- to really let someone love me.  Apparently that's a hard one for me, folks, though I do feel lucky that that's my issue. In that I now have someone in my life who is challenging me to actually do that, to actually LET LOVE IN.

So, hopefully I'll get some of that written soon.  But I am here, and I'll be back.

In the meantime, I've been curious for awhile now to know who you, my lovely readers, are.  A few of you have commented already (hi Harper, Megan, MakingSpace!), but I know there are more of you out there, quietly reading (which I get, that tends to be my blog presence too).  I'd love to know who more of you are, and what led you to my little corner of the gay blogosphere. Say hi, won't you?

<3

1 comment:

  1. I've missed you E!!! It has been a while!! So glad to hear that you and Elle are still together. Isn't love just grand?!

    My family and I moved last week. And we are still unpacking. We didn't move far though, just about 1 hour from where we were before. It is a nice change of pace though. The community is quiet, and there isn't a lot of kids running around. The heat is unbearable and we have yet to sit outside at our new place. :sigh: This weekend we will be attending our local Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, for the first time. Something the whole family is excited to do!

    We also live in a gay-friendly community now, which I am so thankful for. I do not feel nervous or scared to walk in public with my arm draped in my partner's arm. :) The UUF we will be attending this Sunday is also LGBT-friendly and I hope we make a friend(or 2).

    Please update soon!! You are one of the few blogs that I actually follow faithfully. I hope that maybe, possibly in the future we can see a photo of you to match the writer with a face! :D Just saying.

    Until next, I will be waiting (im)patiently!

    ReplyDelete